award-winning writer, community-builder and advocate for single mothers
Jessica is a seasoned speaker who brings energy and tangible takeaways to each engagement. She connects deeply to audiences with storytelling, road-tested tips and tying together dynamic experience as a coach, content creator, online influencer, brand voice specialist, nonprofit fundraiser, spiritual workshop leader, lay minister, university adjunct professor, coach and thriving single parent. Jessica's creativity extends into the audience, and she brings thought exercises, art, writing, humor and simple and effective, no-pressure rituals to integrate past trials and transitions into a plan for a bigger, happier, healthier life.
- Turning Trauma into a Bigger, Better Life
- Secrets of Single Motherhood Every Parent Should Know
- Divorce Coaching Could Rescue You From Hell: Here's How and Why
- Tough Talks with Kids: Creative Ways to Have Those Conversations
- How to Build a Solid Circle of Support to Last Through Life Transitions
- What to Wear to Court
- Traveling Alone with Kids (and Still Having an Amazing Trip)
- Should You Share Your Vulnerable Stuff Online?
- What Your Brand is Really Saying in Blog Posts, Status Updates and Product Descriptions
- Bios to Heartbreak: How to Write the Hardest Stuff
- What Should You Write Next?
- How to Be the Editor in Chief of Your Own Business
- 10 Terrible Mistakes You're Making on Your Business Website
- Recruiting, Hiring and Firing Writers: How to Do It Right
- Getting the Most for Your Time, Money and Energy with a Coach (or Four)
speaking appearances, panels and workshops
What Single Moms Need to Know - Oprah's Lifeclass on Super Soul Sunday with Iyanla Vanzant, a two-week class, 2014 (panelist)
Get Quiet, Get Honest and Get Going: Your Unique Action Plan for Sustainable Success - Mom 2.0 Summit, 2016
How to Be the Editor-In-Chief of Your Own Website - Mom 2.0 Summit, 2015
Everything is Always About What Happens in the Bathroom - Listen to Your Mother, 2015
Raising a Digital Native: How Much Should You Share About Your Kids Online? - Northern Trust, 2013
Opportunity Next: Life Changes, Professional Pivots, and Gluing It All Together - Mom 2.0 Summit, 2013 (panelist)
What’s With All the Makeovers? Reinvention and Site Evolution: Helping Your Site Change with You - Mom 2.0 Summit, 2011 (panelist)
The Rise of Mommy Blogging: Why We Choose the Words We Write - Association for Research on Mothering, York University, Toronto, 2006
Stories We Pass on Through Our Grandmother's Heirlooms - Association for Research on Mothering, York University, Toronto, 2004
Jessica has appeared many times on national and local television and radio segments as a guest expert. She has also moderated panels and interviewed dozens of celebrities and notable activists, including Padma Lakshmi, the Obama for America leadership team, Elizabeth Banks, Jillian Michaels, Dr. Drew Pinsky, Elizabeth Edwards, Bret Michaels, Carrie Ann Inaba and the extra-fabulous Kimora Lee Simmons.
Jessica is available to speak at your next event or lead a workshop customized for your team, clients or favorite people. Begin your booking right here.
"Jessica Ashley is one of those rare speakers who can combine unexpected humor, keen insight, natural eloquence and wicked smarts to create an experience for the audience that is intimately relatable and hugely inspiring. What a powerhouse." ~ Karen Walrond, author of The Beauty of Different: Observations of a Confident Misfit and the Make Light: Stories of Bright Sparks, Slow Burns and Thriving Out Loud, photographer and TEDxHouston speaker
"Jessica has a dynamic, accessible, and engaging conversational style that immediately sparks connection, whether she’s speaking live at an event or on a podcast. Her natural brilliance as it relates to content strategy – combined with her personal passion to help elevate women – inspires her followers to take smart, creative action in the world." ~ Christine Koh, author of Minimalist Parenting and podcast host of Edit Your Life.